Friday, July 24, 2009

Digital photography course in Hunter Valley

Last weekend I ran a digital photography course at my studio at Millfield, here in the Hunter Valley. After several days of pretty ordinary weather, Saturday turned out to be a beautiful sunny day.


Shadow the alpaca loves to have his picture taken


What a great shot by Vanessa. I wish I'd taken it!



Here, James showed how he could control depth of field


Elahe took this shot of 'lambs ears' to illustrate texture

I run courses every month unless I'm too busy shooting weddings. I only take eight students so I can give individual attention and this month I had to turn away a few (sigh!). For those who missed out I'm running another in August.
Anyway this month's class was great fun, everyone so enthusiastic and keen to learn more about their cameras. As usual there was a swag of Canon and Nikon SLR's with the odd Sony and Olympus thrown in to keep me on my toes. It's always great to see those 'lightbulb moments' when the penny drops and the student really starts to understand what's going on with their camera.
The alpacas are used to having their photos taken on my course days but once again the students found lots of interesting subjects to photograph around the property, some I would never have thought of.

No comments: